05 October 2010

Possible Grading Rubric for Essays

Possible Grading Rubric for Essays



4 Well done
3 Is that all you got?
2 did the PS3/Xbox talk you out of finishing?
1 please tell me you forgot
Research
10%
You presented many resources before drawing any conclusions
You have done research, but could have done more
Some to a little research present
Very little or no research present
Content
70%
You answer the question in your own way with supported evidence from a variety of resources
You answer the question, but …
I think you answered the question, but your essay has some repeated info/ trying really hard to get to a page
Your answer is a few sentences long, and I have no idea why you think that is the answer.
Readability
10%
Elijah (my son) could read it. You have a clear thesis and clear supporting details.
I have to re read some sentences, but I get most of what you are saying
Some of your paragraphs conflict, some grammar and spelling issues
You know most computers have spell check yes?
Relevancy
10%
The paper is clearly and directly related to the question
Your entire paper relates to the topic
The connection is weak, but I kind of see how that relates.
“Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh my!”
Relates how?


This is a rough draft! I will make the wording more formal for the final draft. Is this fair? What could better? I am willing to revise this several times before using it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment